Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
Policy brief & purpose
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy refers to our responsibility toward our environment. Our company’s existence is not lonely. It’s part of a bigger system of people, values, other organizations and nature. The social responsibility of a business is to give back to the world just as it gives to us.
What is corporate social responsibility?
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) company policy outlines our efforts to give back to the world as it gives to us.
This policy applies to our company and its subsidiaries. It may also refer to suppliers and partners.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism.
Our company’s social responsibility falls under two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance refers to our company’s commitment to legality and willingness to observe community values. Proactiveness is every initiative to promote human rights, help communities and protect our natural environment.
Our company will:
- Respect the law.
- Honor its internal policies.
- Ensure that all its business operations are legitimate.
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent.
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We’ll promote:
- Safety and fair dealing.
- Provide the upmost respect toward our customers.
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption practices.
- Treat our partners with respect.
Protecting the environment
Our company recognizes the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We’ll always follow best practices when disposing garbage and using chemical substances. Stewardship will also play an important role.
We’ll ensure that we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- Avoid harming the lives of local and indigenous people.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
Our company is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and will abide by all fair labor practices. We’ll ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country (e.g. forced labor).
Donations and aid
Our company may preserve a budget to make monetary donations. These donations will aim to:
- Advance the arts, education and community events.
- Improve the environment.
- Alleviate those in need.
- Provide greater working opportunities to the community.
Our company will encourage its employees to volunteer. They can volunteer through programs organized internally or externally. Our company may sponsor volunteering events from other organizations.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, our company will proactively protect the environment. Examples of relevant activities include:
- Conserving energy.
- Organizing reforestation excursions.
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies.
- Insuring we use fuel efficient vehicles or electric vehicle during our excursion.
- Promote the use of public transportation.
- Promote riding the bike to the office or to our tours.
- Work closely with our accommodation providers to reduce the use of plastic in the rooms of our guests and enhance the electronic usage.
- Move forward to use electronic materials for brochures, presentations, tickets ect.. and eliminating the use of paper at Venez Discover.
- Use renewable/electrical efficient product and items, such as, light bulbs, computers, printers and more.
Supporting the community
Our company may initiate and support community investment and educational programs. For example, it may begin partnerships with vendors for constructing public buildings. It can provide support to nonprofit organizations or movements to promote cultural and economic development of global and local communities. Examples include:
- Hire students from local universities.
- Promote less economically development region.
- Support the local tourism associations and enhance the tourism of the designated country.
- Organising tours to local farms, institutions, breweries, distilleries ect.. promoting the local craftsmanship.
We will actively invest in R&D. We will be open to suggestions and listen carefully to ideas. Our company will try to continuously improve the way it operates.
Our company is committed to the United Nations Global Compact. We’ll readily act to promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business. Management must communicate this policy on all levels. Managers are also responsible for resolving any CSR issues.